Gutter Technician Apprentice Wanted for our Construction Service Work Company!
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the safe and quality installation, repair and removal of gutters systems. Work will be primarily outside of residential and commercial job sites. When insulation work is not available, employee will do other tasks at the owner’s request. Your goal is to help take care of other tasks to grow the organization and free up time of your superiors.
Compensation: $25,000 to $40,000 per year. Pay is based on 3 components: 1. a base hourly wage, 2. plus production rate pay, 3. plus profit sharing.
Common Technical Work:
- To perform service calls as directed by the team leader
- Load and unload gutter materials
- Complete prep work for installation
- Complete installation and clean up
- Cut sections of aluminum gutters to the proper fit
- Install gutters, brackets, covers, downspouts, downspout extensions
- Ability to work in tight confined spaces like on a ladder between a tree and the client’s roof for a full shift
- Ability to work in extreme heat and extreme cold for a full shift
- Able to work on ladders (up to 40ft) for a full shift
- Able to work with hand tools for a full shift (drills, metal snips, saws, etc)
- Able to count and handle money occasionally
- Able to preform job functions while wearing full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Able to erect ladders, scaffolding, and tarps in the work area
- Able to properly clean and maintain equipment daily, weekly, monthly
- Able to work with drills, metal presses, metal cuttersand all equipment necessary for installing and removing products
- Keep work area clean during and after installation (inside and out)
- Educate customers on service and installation features
- Pride self on high quality work and do the job right the first time
- Provide all customers with excellent customer service
- Follow all Policies, Procedures, & Safety Rules of Gutterilla while on duty
- Clean, organize, wash, paint or otherwise maintain, equipment, truck, trailer, shop, office, etc.
- Perform any and all other functions or tasks assigned by the Supervisor and Owner
- Must have reliable transportation to/from our shop in SW Austin
- Must have Valid State Drivers License
- Must have non-negligent driving record
- Able to read, write, and type
- Able to count and collect money
- Must be able to speak English (Spanish would be great)
- Physical exam (225 lbs. weight limit in working clothes & Safety Gear)
- Able to lift and move 100+ lbs.
- Installers must possess good organization and verbal communication skills
- No “gutter” experience required, however preferred
- Commitment to Customer Service
- Working knowledge of home building, roofing, gutters, rainwater management, ladder safety, and hand tools
- Ability to troubleshoot product and installation problems
- Ability to safely drive truck with 20 ft trailer from our SW Austin shop to job sites
Use: Drills, Map, Cell Phone, Truck, Cutters, Equipment, Siding, Rig, Hand Tools, etc.
Travel Requirements: Daily Local Travel
Physically Able To: Occasionally, Frequently, or Constantly: Bend, Push, Hear, Reach, Climb, See, Speak, Spray, Saw, Scrape, Sweep, Stand, Crawl, Walk, Drill.